Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Go Tor Words

Dictionary.com and Miriam Webster have chosen good words of the day for me. MW has elected for tor, as in Glastonbury Tor, a strange coincidence given the material I have just drawn on to create my last blog entry, and D.com have added the suffix pid to make torpid their word of the day which describes my physical and mental state at the moment perfectly.

Torpid. Having lost motion or the power of exertion and feeling; numb; benumbed.2. Dormant; hibernating or estivating. Dull; sluggish; apathetic.

Since recently working an additional 50 hours over a weekend and several evenings and into the early mornings recently - an additional workload I hope is now at an end, I can state quite categorically that I fit all the above descriptions. Power of exertion, gone, benumbed? That's me. Sluggish and apathetic? Oh yes. It's a wonder I've been able to drag myself to this post creating box.

'It is a man's own fault . . . if his mind grows torpid in old age' said Dr Johnson.

Perhaps writing this blog will contribute to keeping age related torpor away.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?